The versatility of fiberglass has become the gold standard for commercial planters chosen by savvy homeowners and designers who are interested in the latest landscape design ideas. Besides the exceptional qualities inherent in fiberglass itself, the characteristics listed below further describe how buying fiberglass planters saves you money.
Weight and Strength = Cost Savings
Planter strength is a critical reason to choose fiberglass over other materials, being rugged and tough. Certain foliage such as trees need either a substantial depth, breadth, or both. Keeping planter weight down while providing plenty of strength and space for root systems saves money in two ways:
- Fiberglass is less expensive from the outset, costing a fraction of conventional, heavier materials such as stainless steel, concrete or wood
- Because it is lightweight, fiberglass cuts down on shipping costs and doesn’t require special equipment to place on a site.
Low Maintenance and Enduring Equals Cost Savings
One of the persuasive reasons for choosing fiberglass planters is endurance. Planters made with fiberglass:
- Are corrosion resistant, fire and chemical resistant, and are non-conductive which, when combined, extend planter life
- Do well in weather extremes and, unlike wood, plastic, or metal, have the lowest expansion/contraction rate from cold, heat, or stress
- Are long-lasting in coastal climates containing high salt content
- Will not rot, warp, degrade or disintegrate over time.
In short, fiberglass planters have the longest life over other planters, and require little to no maintenance in both mild and harsh environments, all of which saves you money.
Fiberglass has few molding limitations compared to other materials. In fact, its malleability allows for innumerable shapes and sizes. If we don’t have the style or size you need, we can custom manufacture it, often without a special mold for square, rectangular or tapered planters in particular. Beyond straight lines, Planters Unlimited manufactures large urns, mega bowls and jug shaped fiberglass planters too.
Mimicking Expensive Textures Equals Cost Savings
When it comes to texture and finish, the ability to mimic more expensive materials saves you money. While we specialize in smooth painted surfaces in a wide array of colors, we also fashion light textured sandstone, even simulate surfaces such as stucco and wood—and at half the cost of the real materials.
Totaling It All Up
Whether you are looking for the sleek modern lines of the contemporary or the time-honored look of an antique urn, we invite you to browse our selection of large outdoor fiberglass planters. We are confident you’ll find the style that fits your particular application and budget. And if you don’t, our expert staff is available and eager to help turn your special design into reality. Without a doubt, pound for pound, fiberglass saves your money in just about every way. And while you might find other manufacturers that build large fiberglass planters, you will be hard-pressed to find anyone else with the favorable lead times, flexibility and exceptional quality Planters Unlimited delivers.
Call us today for a free quote 1-888-320-0626.